THE INITIATIVE PROMOTER’S PERSPECTIVE
The idea for the project and its realisation are motivated on one hand by the new needs of the language learners in the context of the integration of the societies and the global informational exchange, and on the other, by the natural striving for development of the project promoter, Language school “Prestige”, Bulgaria. The development of the module takes three years of work and a in-depth research on existing world practices in the field as well as on the students’ willingness to take advantage of such kind of education.
A business plan was developed for the establishment of a Centre for multimedia education and Internet, which is a necessary technical prerequisite for the realisation of the project idea.
The project is aimed at teaching English and German for all levels (A, B, C), using multimedia and learning products
The used approach is based on integration of the new educational possibilities for the contemporary informational technologies with the traditional ones which a language learning progress requires, aiming at creating synergies between them, hence the name of the module – “Plus”.
The main results of the project include:
- Setting up an innovative Centre for multimedia education and Internet with 43 individual places. The learning environment is modernized with the inclusion of computers, multimedia learning materials and Internet.
- Developing a new model for language learning – the “Plus” courses and their spin-off for children and students – the “New generation” model.
- Developing a new kind of lesson – the multimedia lesson.
- The students learning under the module registered better quality of their communication competences in comparison with those going through the standard courses. The module also increased the computer competences of the students.
- The number of users of the module increased from 44 at the project launch to 1,200.
The application for European Language Label was a result of the great success of the initiative and the opportunity for ensuring greater visibility of the developed methods and achieved results.
The results of the initiative registered great sustainability. The "PLUS" model continued to be used with great success.
The award provided greater visibility of the initiative and its results.
European Language Label applicants should build their application around the practical application of their product and the impact on the selected target groups. The application should also show the ways for sustaining the achieved results in the long term.
THE NELLIP NETWORK’S PERSPECTIVE
The initiative is in consistency with the European policies in the field of language learning because it's aimed at enhancement of the quality of language teaching, promotion of new approaches to language teaching and learning and it focuses on teacher training.
THE NATIONAL AGENCY’S PERSPECTIVE
The selection choice was based on the innovative character of the initiative and the delivered products as well as the potential for further application and development of the idea.
Comments on this Case Studies