THE INITIATIVE PROMOTER’S PERSPECTIVE
The project aims to identify problems about English language teaching and find new ways such as creative ideas, new approaches in ELT in order to minimize the problems in ELT.
The main goal of the project is to improve the methods in ELT and have participants more affective in using and understanding ELT. We also aim to compare education system in ELT in Turkey to Romania.
Karaman İl Milli Eğitim Müdürlüğü – Turkey coordinator
Casa Corpului Didactic Botosani – Romania coordinator
1. To improve the quality of teaching language education system and to raise quality of language education system by applying new approaches and finding out new ways for English language teaching and minimize the difficulties
2. To improve participants' (teachers, directors, students) competence in ICT and their ability in terms of communication in English
3. To identify the problems, especially Critical Problems while teaching English and find solutions for them by using creativeness
4. To ensure the participants be aware of new approaches and find new ways in teaching languages
The project will be carried out between two partners; Turkey and Romania so it will be studied on according to two different education system of foreign language teaching. Besides sharing experiences in teaching English as a foreign language, each partner will learn much more about partner country in terms of its own history, geography, education system, tradition, customs and culture so that it will improve the each partner as a European dimension. Also we will contribute to improve the system of foreign language teaching and learning at different levels of education. It will consider particular areas of teaching foreign languages such as curricula, materials, methodology, class management, educational technology and assessment techniques.
The project will be carried out in two parts. One part is related to difficulties, problems and solutions for these problems of English teaching for teachers and education sectors. The second part consists of new methods and ways in teaching English as a foreign language. So it is aimed to raise awareness of new, different and creative methods in teaching English and have a collaboration experience in the international area through meetings, observations, practicing the best application and sharing experiences.
- an increase of quality at teaching language education
- raising awareness of new approaches and methods in teaching English as a foreign language
- a better and more efficient understanding of education system between partners
- a development of dialogue between the partners
- a development of collaboration between partners by group working
- creating a website and sharing the products of project through a platform
- organizing round tables, communication sessions on education problems
- realizing some products of the activities
- facilitating the collaboration and communication of the parents with all the factors involved into the educational process
- making activities of monitoring, evaluation of it’s own activity
We believe our collaboration with the partner region will continue because we are thinking of working together in a new project after this project. At the end of the project, we will compare the quality of language teaching education system in terms of the terms before and after the project in our own regions.
We will go on using the new approaches in English language teaching and inform each other via e-mails, letters or skype. A new project under Lifelong Learning Projects after this project is being thought with partner region. (May be Leonardo da Vinci- VETPRO; to inform English teachers to disseminate the projects between these partners).
We think it is extremely important to improve ourselves and English language teaching system in order to communicate and open our doors through English because it is mostly used.
Comments on this Case Studies