THE INITIATIVE PROMOTER’S PERSPECTIVE
It responded to a greater and greater demand of high qualification of the specialists/ workers in car maintenance. This need was generated by the radical changes of the automobile in the 21st century, the dynamics of the European and Romanian car market.
The key word is quality; quality in vocational training of the future mechanics, through a transnational mobility and work experience abroad, quality in services and guidance in car maintenance and quality in the European project management.
1. consolidating professional competencies in the field of auto mechanics;
2. learning about work relationships at work;
3. improving language skills
Approach adopted in the planning and development of the initiative
The labour market, the beneficiaries’ needs and the terms of applications were thoroughly studied. Objectives and final results were established, according to the specific of the partners and needs to respond to.
Evaluation strategy adopted
The promoters decided that the project’s impact is best evaluated by measuring the participants’ professional and language skills improvement and by presenting its results during dissemination sessions in order to receive external feedback.
The results planned within the project were achieved and all the activities specified in the training agreement were performed.
The participants’ benefits are:
• Development of knowledge, abilities and general and specialized technical competences specified in the Professional Standards of Auto Mechanics
• Development of linguistic competences in a foreign language - English – strengthening personal capacity to explore the evolution of labour market in one of the EU countries, of labour offers and principles which work efficiently and offer quality services in a workshop from another country
• Development the capacity to identify the weak points and define the strategic objectives at a personal level
• Educate the students as active citizens who take responsibilities on the society’s problems - such as pollution, civival problems, stimulate the spirit of the European citizen
The institution’s benefits are:
• Improving the quality of the professional level through developing the professional competences, stimulating the motivation of human resources, transfer of experience by developing new networks of co-operation
• Increasing the capacity of project management in a transnational partnership and a better management of the European programmes
• Extension of participation in European projects; strengthening the transnational capacity of organizations
• Improving the image of the Romanian school in a European context
Deliverables: theoretical and practical training sessions in a real professional environment
Consistency of the results with initial plans and with the expectation of the end users
It is considered that the results correspond to the initial plans and the expectations of the end users.
Was an assessment of the quality of results carried out? If yes, which were the indicators adopted?
The validation of the results was realized through:
• EUROPASS MOBILITY Certificates
• Linguistic Certificates issued by the Sending Organization and the Intermediary Organization
Impact of the project
The project was a good opportunity for the school to create new partnerships with other training centres, schools and organizations we had contact during the training sessions.
Motivations leading to the application for the European Language Label
The motivations leading to the application for the European Language Label were the priorities for 2011: learning foreign languages within a community and foreign languages as a way to prepare for labour market. Having linguistic competences increase the chances of getting a better job.
Methodology for applying for the European Language Label
The methodology was quite simple: The coordinator of the project had to fill in an applications form, to establish who participates in the ceremony and to make a PowerPoint presentation of the project.
Taking part in the awarding ceremony would create opportunities for networking with other organizations and finding new methods/ ways of learning/ teaching foreign languages.
We organized dissemination sessions in the school and within meetings with other schools in the city. We also intend to disseminate the European Language Label during meetings with project partners from other countries.
Benefits for the initiative having received the ELL
Receiving the European Language Label improved the image of the school and increased the interest in the school’s activities
Impact of the initiative following the awarding of the ELL
The ELL Award was disseminated in the local newspaper and within the Education Fair which brought a lot of interest in our school. Many students were interested in attending our classes and many other schools would like to develop extracurricular activities together. We offered information regarding the European Language Label and the terms of application.
Consistency of the impact with initial expectations
We are open to initiatives and implementing projects with other schools and organizations.
Advices on how to plan and develop quality language learning initiatives that can successfully apply for the ELL
The language learning initiatives should be congruent with the ELL priorities with the demands on the labour market.
Advices on how to exploit the awarded ELL initiatives
The awarded ELL initiatives are very good bridges for finding new ways and methods of learning foreign languages. They create opportunities for projects where languages can be approached from various points of view.
THE NELLIP NETWORK’S PERSPECTIVE
The project is consistent with the current policies. It is focused on learning mobilities, it aims at improving employment-related languages skills, it involves teaching / learning methodologies specific to VET, it includes less-widely used languages (Romanian and Polish) and a cultural dimension in a professional field (work relationships in a multicultural team).
The project is consistent with the European, National and yearly priorities.
It provides added value, it motivates the students and the teachers to improve their language skills, it is original and creative.
Comments on this Case Studies